Steve Emberly, CPA, CMA, MBA
I am a CPA, CMA with over 20 years of senior level financial management and and reporting experience in various industries advising businesses through strategic, operations and financial planning processes. My expertise is in operational finance, managerial cost accounting and information systems.
In short, I provide business intelligence that helps businesses streamline their operations and internal resources to become more competitive.
In addition to a CPA, CMA designation I have a MBA with a concentration in Computing and Information Systems from Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
My past projects and accomplishments include:
- Established US branch office for Canadian firm ensuring regulatory compliance at the State and Federal levels
- Product and customer profitability reporting and analysis for multi-location consumer products manufacturer
- Led process risk and gap assessments during post-acquisition integration project
- Led multi (6) plant project involving the mapping of inventory related transactions (from purchase receiving, through manufacturing and billing) to JD Edwards Financials.
- Streamlined administrative processes for a multi-plant operation, dramatically reducing financial close times and virtually eliminating all administrative overtime.
- Developed analytics based financial planning models
- Led financial budgeting/planning processes for organizations ranging in size from small family run organizations to large multi-location and cross-jurisdictional firms.
- Provide ongoing financial support to strategic and operational planning initiatives including, but not limited to, equipment rationalization cost containment, capital acquisitions, as well as business unit amalgamations, acquisitions, divestitures, and shutdowns.
- Design of performance dashboards supported by data analytics models and costing systems.
Steve's Best Fit
Organizations requiring assistance with their internal management reporting, business processes and systems.
Organizations requiring interim and contract financial management and reporting, financial expertise and support for special projects relate to expansions, reorganizations or divestitures.
Connect Me With Steve
Operations planning and strategy, costing systems, operational finance, cash flow management, management accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis.
Steve's Client Resume
Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Scotsburn Dairy, ABM, Ocean Nutrition, Transcontinental Printing, Intertape Polymer, Mil-Aero Electronics